At Pioneer Elementary School, it is our goal to integrate technology into our learning environments to ensure our students the skills that they need to succeed in the 21st century. Both teachers and students have the responsibility to use technology in a safe, respectful, responsible and trustworthy manner.
Using the CoW in your classroom:
- Teach digital citizenship
- Train your students in proper laptop etiquette
- Sign up on the CoW Calendar - don't sign up for the whole year
- You will need to herd that CoW yourself - not students.
- Pick up CoW from the computer lab at the beginning of the day.
- "Rewind the Video": Power OFF laptops, plug in and return CoW to the computer lab at end of day. Place the headphones and mice in the bags - closed tight.
- NEVER GIVE THE LOCK COMBINATION TO STUDENTS!
- CoW Training Video
- Laptop Carts: "Computers on Wheels"
- Important CoW Notes for Teachers (need to update)
- Preparing Students for Laptop Use
- Respectful, Responsible Use and Care of Student Laptops
- Technology Student Responsibility Contract
- Laptop Checkout - Class List
Signing up for the CoW:
- Please be aware that times may be changed or removed due to testing.
- Do not sign up for the whole year.
- To SCHEDULE a time, click on an open appointment slot to sign up. If no slots are available, please try a different time range.
- To CANCEL an appointment slot you've already booked, leave this sign-up page and delete the event from your own calendar.
(INSERT PIO CoW #1 CALENDAR)