Pioneer Elementary is one of four elementary schools in EUSD offering the Dual Language Spanish/English program K-5th grade with the 90/10 model where by fourth and fifth grade instruction is 50% English and 50% Spanish in all content areas.
Pioneer is a 1:1 ipad school for all 2nd-5th grade students. Our goal is to be a 1:1 ipad school for all grades K-5th. Pioneer Elementary is updating our technology through the use of apple TV and TV screens.
At Pioneer, we have a strong PTA parent involvement presence in many areas of our school. We encourage all of our families to participate in our PTA/site evening events and become a PTA member. A special “Thank You” for our Pioneer parents/guardians and community volunteers for your support of our students both at home and at school. We have been in the top five schools district-wide with the use of Compass Learning online instruction with a blended learning environment here at Pioneer!
- At Pioneer our priorities are: Academics, Positive Behavior, Attendance, and Family Engagement!
- Our instructional focus is on the 21st Century Skills: Create, Collaborate, Communicate, Critical Thinking and Compassion
- Our school pledge: As a Puma, I choose to be a leader, I promise to be Respectful, Responsible, Safe, and Trustworthy! The choice is yours!
- Our Motto: Work Hard, Get Smarter, and Be Kind!
- Our site vision is aligned to our EUSD vision: The Escondido Union School District will actualize the unlimited potential of every learner. Each and every human being is empowered, encouraged, engaged, and committed.
At Pioneer we offer:
- Dual Language Spanish and English Instruction (K-5th)
- STREAM (Science, Technology, Robotics, Engineering, Arts, and Math Coding K-5th grade, Robotics Club 3rd-5th grade, Anytime After School Tutoring and Enrichment, PTA Popup Art, Ballet Folklorico dance, PE Teacher, and Band for 3rd-5th
- Leadership Opportunities for Students: Yearbook committee, Peace Patrol, Ambassadors, and Student Safety
- Field Trips (2 per grade level) & PTA sponsored Events and Assemblies
- My Story-California Center for the Arts, Escondido, CT Quest Science, San Elijo Lagoon Conservancy, A Step Beyond partnership with the community and Palomar Family YMCA Legions program (Before and after school care)